Friday, July 25, 2014

Meal Planning- Easier said than done

Since the Spratties started eating dinner with us my cooking has changed and has become more tedious than it was before.  It is a constant battle to plan out meals enough ahead of time and make sure that I laid out the meat or have all the right ingredients and make sure that the meal isn't too complicated so I can get it made before they need to go to bed (and maybe have a few minutes to spend with that after I get home from work).  I also noticed we were spending WAY too much money on eating out.  So...along came meal planning.  I started a meal planning binder with my go to favorites (some of which are on this blog) and then hit Pinterest at least once a month to find new favorites (or mostly duds...but hey, I try).  Since I have been completely absent on this blog since having babies I decided to post my weekly meal plans on here- if someone has an interest in anything I'm cooking I can make the effort to "blog" that particular night.  So...here goes.

Chicken & Asparagus Penne
Sloppy Joes (with Coleslaw and Homemade Chips)
Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried Rice
Meat Loaf (with Black Eyed Peas and Okra )
Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin (with Salad and Green Beans)
Oven baked Crispy Parm Chicken (with squash and sweet potatoes)
Balsamic Glazed Steak Rolls (with salad and peas)
Chuck Roast (with carrots, mushrooms and potatoes)




Extras this week include yogurt covered blueberries for snacks and a breakfast casserole. 

So Cheers! Here is to cooking at home this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment